I have come to love very much those blog-chain games wherein a person makes a post based on some theme, and then encourages others to put up a variation. (Five Questions, for example.) I don’t know what it is about them — the community, the continuity, the differences, the similarities, or just the fact that I don’t have to think up a post from goddamn scratch that day. Today, I must have been more desperate than usual, because I made one up, albeit one vaguely inspired elsewhere by Sometime Commenter and Indecisive Blognamer bondgirl.
Call it an experiment: Will this brief diversion progress beyond the always-game-for-a-blog-game Barb, or will it die where it stands? I’ll be interested, if perhaps only briefly. Thus:
1) Thou shalt never refuse a drink proffered in comradeship or sympathy.
2) Thou shalt neither demand nor incite either fear or outrage in thy fellow man.
3) Thou shalt learn to appreciate good food.
4) Thou shalt not be cheap.
5) Ignorance resulting in bliss is holy and sacred.
6) Thou shalt not wear a top with thy bathing suit.
7) Thou shalt put others before thee, but not to excess.
8) Thou shalt always take home ‘dogs getting more than four on Monday night.
9) Thou shalt use the telephone only as a tool.
10) Thou shalt remember that life is short, and keep fun thy first priority.
Now, please: Credit the source — me, you dipshit — in your own blog, point us to ya in the Comments, and render unto us the Ten Commandments of the religion based around you.