Despite her best efforts, Ginger has become predictable, at least as far as the request line is concerned.
Search terms that have recently led people astray, by which I mean, “to here”.
brett farve steak house
Eating Around Town
Farve’s, briefly the unquestioned toast of Wisconsin, has slipped mightily in recent years, never having recovered from the defections of Executive Chef Mike Holmgren and Sous-chef Reggie White. The steaks have become more and more gristled, and the quality of the meat is painfully uneven. The side dishes, which often outshined the meat in Farve’s heyday, are all terribly substandard, and about the only positive thing left to say about the steaks is that they are not as bad as the accompaniments. It is sad to see a once-proud institution crumble.
(But not too sad.)
A Master’s in Dyspeptic Cynicism — minor in Inappropriate Studies — and a doctorate in Pointless Uncontrolled Rage. Thanks for asking.
caputos topless carrots
I can’t work in Caputo’s here, though I will gladly plug their genuine wood-oven pizza, just north of Belmont on Harlem, but the latter two words have given me a idea for the next great revue, a show that would cement The Top as the new King of Las Vegas: Envision a ten-year run at Caesar’s, complete with custom theater, for the runaway smash hit “CARROT TOPLESS”.
what drink does a guest take to a barbeque
Assuming you’re hoping to make something, the sky’s the limit. Tips:
* Citrus masks high-proof spirits, but not as well as simple syrup does.
* If you’re making something for a crowd unused to hard liquor, rum is the least harsh of the eighty-proof-and-up weight class. Tequila is, stunningly, next, followed by gin, vodka, bourbon, and scotch.
* Floating fruit in a punchbowl conveys the message “I am friendly, refreshing, and fundamentally harmless.” Do with this information what you will.
* If you want a ‘cue to get out of hand, lead by example.
There are any number of people who might be Googling John Shoop — collection agencies, casting agents for Southwest’s “Wanna Get Away?” ads, Nick Saban looking for suggestions — but I like to think that this was John himself, underpants-clad with a two-week beard, sitting in his room at the SRO morosely chainsmoking off-brand cigarettes, ankle-deep in empty airline bottles of Gilbey’s, and hijacking the free Panera wireless from downstairs to Google himself, just to see if anyone remembers.
Yes, John. We do.
100 dollar guy haircuts florida
I don’t have the vaguest idea how you got here. I haven’t spent $100 on haircuts int he last ten years, unless you count buying razor blades. By the way, it’s becoming clear to me that it is about time to restore that practice. That or get a comedically unrealistic hairpiece. Votes?
florida turnpike trivia
1) In terms of notifying you that the stupid thing worked, Sunpass is one hundred times better than I-Pass. Sunpass beeps.
2) Between Orlando and Jupiter (roughly) there is a hundred-and-fifty-mile-plus stretch of the ‘pike wherein the only non-service plaza exit is a place called Yeehaw Junction. I have passed up the apparently-barren Yeehaw Junction twice in favor of Nathan’s Famous at the next rest stop, but no more: It has been reliably reported to me that there is a restaurant in Yeehaw Junction where the specialty is turtle.
3) Over the past year, I watched construction of the new Homestead hostpital. It was built to withstand a Category Five without evacuating. I saw the walls go up. It appears to have been build to withstand a direct attack with a nuclear bomb. I may have to rethink the wisdom of occasionally living in South Florida.
mascot routine idea
People Staley should eat this year:
Mike Brown’s offseason personal trainer
Paul Zimmerman, grumpy old writer, Sports Illustrated. Generally follows the philosophy that, to steal a gorgeous phrase from Bill Buford’s fantastic new book about Mario Batali, “the-old-ways-were-the-best-ways-because-they-were-the-old-ways”.
Chris Chambers, seriously underperforming WR, The Las Vegas Iron Men
did hemingway masturbate?
“He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days now without taking a fish.”
You know what a metaphor is?